Saturday 29 August 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Holmes Sterling Morrison and Jose Eduardo dos Santos.
The Glass Key, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1942 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Jose Eduardo dos Santos: Statesman.
- Holmes Sterling Morrison: Musician.
- John Heuser: Electron microscopist.
- Patrick Thomas: American financier and CEO of First Financial Management, a consumer finance business and credit-card processing company that is pushing towards a billion in acquistions.
- James Glennon: American cinematographer (Born 1942).
- Gottfried John: German actor (d. 2014).