Wednesday 29 August 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include GG Allin and Kelly Murray.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Attack, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1956 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- GG Allin: American punk rock singer (The Jabbers, The Cedar Street Sluts, The Scumfucs) (Born 1956).
- Edddie Murray: NFL kicker (Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings).
- Kelly Murray: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Canadian Tour golfer (985 Alberta Open).
- Mark Morris: American dancer and choreographer.
- Charalambos Xanthopoulos: Greek footballer.
- Steve Yarbrough: American novelist and short story writer.
- French government routes troops to Cyprus near Suez crisis
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?