Saturday 29 July 1905
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clara Bow and Dag Hammarskjöld.
Ensalada criolla, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
while The Marriage of William Ashe by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1905!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 July 1905 ?
- Clara Bow: American actress, the hottest Hollywood item in 1927 on and off-screen.
- Dag Hammarskjöld: Swedish economist and diplomat 2nd Secretary-General of the United Nations Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1961).
- Thelma Todd: American actress and singer (d. 1935).
- Pierre Braunberger: French producer, executive producer, and actor.
- Stanley Kunitz: American poet and academic (d. 2006).
- Thelma Todd [Alison Loyd]: Lawrence, Massachusetts -- Actress (Dangerous Female).
- Dag Hammarskjold: Swedish economist and statesman, the Secretary General of the U.N.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1905 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Excelsior - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- In the Sweet Bye and Bye - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Longing for You - Byron G. Harlan
- Cavalleria Rusticanna - Brindisi (Drinking Song) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?