Sunday 29 July 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Vreeland and Thelma Todd.
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 July 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1906 ?
- Diana Vreeland: French-born American fashion editor (d. 1989).
- Thelma Todd: American actress, a perky blonde heroine of many two-reel comedies of the early '30s.
- Alexandre Luigini: Composer, dies at 56.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1906 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- You Look Awful Good to Father - Billy Murray
- The Parson and the Turkey - Arthur Collins
- The Rosary - Alan Turner
- La Boheme - Raccantodi Radolfo (Rudolph's Recital, Act I - Enrico Caruso
- Out in an Automobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dearie - George Alexander