Sunday 29 August 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Black Swan, directed by Darren Aronofsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Big Short by Michael Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sidekick.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apron of Magic or Clones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 August 2010 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 August
- Eighty thousand people rally in Hong Kong after last week's fatal tourist coach hijacking hostage crisis in the Philippines. (''The Independent'')
- At least 19 people are killed in a fire fight between President of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov's personal guards and protesters in Tsentoroi. (Aljazeera)
- A Palestinian man is killed by the collapse of a smuggling tunnel under the border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip. (AFP via Google News)
- 7 American soldiers are killed in fighting in Afghanistan over the weekend. (AP via MSNBC)
- Gunmen kill 5 campaign workers for a female candidate in the Afghan parliamentary election, 2010. (Reuters)
- The Catholic Church admits that during a meeting in April Godfried Danneels, the retired Catholic leader in Belgium, advised a person who had experienced abuse to remain silent until his abuser Roger Vangheluwe, the Bishop of Brugge, retired. (BBC)
- 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards
- ''Mad Men'' wins the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The final episode of ''Last of the Summer Wine'' airs on BBC One after 37 years. (''Daily Mail'')
- A small semi-train is driven through the streets of Gaza after six months of construction, to the delight of children living in harsh conditions. (Xinhua)
- Floods worsen in Pakistan as more towns are threatened. (Press TV)
- 1 person dies as the Sumatran volcano Sinabung prompts a red alert by erupting for the first time in over 400 years, leading to Indonesia evacuating thousands of people. (DPA via Monsters and Critics)
- At least 38 people, including the driver, are killed in Ecuador when a bus falls down a cliff outside the capital Quito, reportedly after the driver fell asleep. (Sky News Australia)
- The Palestinian Authority launches a United States-funded advertising campaign supporting peace talks with Israel. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Indonesian detainees riot and light a fire at the Northern Immigration Detention Centre in Darwin, Australia. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- Unidentified gunmen assassinate Marco Antonio Leal Garcia, the mayor of the small town of Hidalgo in Tamaulipas, Mexico. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Afghanistan's former deputy attorney-general Fazel Ahmed Faqiryar is sacked over his refusal to obstruct corruption investigations into senior government officials Faqiryar is critical of President Hamid Karzai. (Aljazeera)
- Racism in Australia is shown to be subsiding as the country elects its first indigenous parliamentarian, Ken Wyatt. (''The Age'')
- A man is arrested in connection to an alleged sports betting scam centered on the current Test match at Lord's Cricket Ground in London between England and Pakistan. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 August 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Juventus : 1 - 0
- Chievo - Catania : 2 - 1
- Fiorentina - Napoli : 1 - 1
- Milan - Lecce : 4 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Lierse : 4 - 1
- Gent - Germinal : 1 - 0
- Westerlo - Club Brugge : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Leverkusen - M'gladbach : 3 - 6
- Stuttgart - Dortmund : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Cottbus : 1 - 2
- Karlsruhe - Aachen : 3 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Osnabruck : 3 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Find Your Love - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- El Malo - Aventura
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Pedro Fernandez - Amarte A La Antigua
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Neon Trees - Animal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
An authority on the history of financial crises points to a pattern of slow growth after “large destabilizing events” like the 2007 collapse of the housing market. [..]
The only new start-up bank to open in the United States this year operates out of a secondhand double-wide trailer, on a bare lot in Lake Charles, La. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?