Friday 29 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Bannen and Jean-Louis Pesch.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1928 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Ian Bannen: Scottish stage actor, film and TV movies.
- Jean-Louis Pesch: French author and illustrator.
- Gilbert Verdie: France sport Champion.
- Radius Prawiro: Indonesian economist and politician (d. 2005).
- The Outerbridge Crossing and Goethals Bridge in Staten Island, New York are both opened.
- 1928 Democratic National Convention: At the Democratic National Convention in Houston, New York Governor Alfred E. Smith becomes the first Catholic nominated by a major political party for President of the United States.
- Jenkins Laboratories' ''W3XK'' station begins broadcasting on 6.42 MHz using 48 lines.
- The Representation of the People Act 1928 becomes law, extending the right to vote to all women in the United Kingdom.