Sunday 13 August 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza and Isabelle D'Orléans-Bragance.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1911 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganza
- Isabelle D'Orléans-Bragance: French historical author and consort of the Orleanist pretender, Henri, Count of Paris.
- Johannes Prassek: German Catholic priest, and one of the Lübeck martyrs, guillotined on 10 November 1943 for opposing the Nazi regime of Adolf Hitler in 1943.
- Claude Sainval: German-born French actor.
- Samuel Fuller: Director.
- Paul Payrau: L'Isle en Dodon physician.
- William Bernbach: American advertiser, co-founder of Dyle, Dane, and Bernbach (now DDB) (d. 1982).
- (Gaultier) Raymondys: France Actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt