Tuesday 29 June 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Jaber and James K Baxter.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1926 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Jaber
- James K Baxter
- James Baxter: New Zealand writer, a poet, dramatist, literary critic and social commentator.
- Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (d. 2006).
- Jaber Al-Sabah: Kuwaiti ruler 3rd Emir of Kuwait (d. 2006).
- Bob Lavoy: American athlete, played pro basketball from 1951-1954 for the Indianapolis Olympians, the Milwaukee Hawks and the Syracuse Nationals.
- Elliot Alexander: American TV producer.
- Carter Woodson wins Springarn Medal for research of Black history
- Arthur Meighen returns to office as Prime Minister of Canada.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue