Tuesday 29 June 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Jaber and James K Baxter.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1926 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Jaber
- James K Baxter
- Elliot Alexander: American TV producer.
- James Baxter: New Zealand writer, a poet, dramatist, literary critic and social commentator.
- Mel Brooks: Comedian.
- Jaber Al-Sabah: Kuwaiti ruler 3rd Emir of Kuwait (d. 2006).
- Bob Lavoy: American athlete, played pro basketball from 1951-1954 for the Indianapolis Olympians, the Milwaukee Hawks and the Syracuse Nationals.
- Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah: Emir of Kuwait (d. 2006).
- Carter Woodson wins Springarn Medal for research of Black history
- Arthur Meighen returns to office as Prime Minister of Canada.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue