Monday 30 August 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Henry Maslanka and Jean Killy.
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1943 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- David Henry Maslanka: Composer.
- Jean Killy: French skier and entrepreneur, the second man in history to win the Triple Sweep in the Alpine men's skiing in the Winter Olympics in Grenoble, 1968.
- Marilyn McCoo: American beautiful black singer, daughter of a physician, started singing as soon as she could talk.
- Tal Brody: American-Israeli basketball player and coach.
- Robert Crumb: United States -- Cartoonist (Father Time, Fritz Cat).
- Colin Dann: English author
- Nigel Hall: English sculptor and academic
- Jean-Claude Killy: French skier
- David Maslanka: American composer and academic
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?