Monday 30 August 1943US date format: 8/30/1943, UK date format: 30/8/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 30, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Killy and Robert Crumb.
The Kansan, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1943 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Jean-Claude Killy: French skier.
- Robert Crumb: United States -- Cartoonist (Father Time, Fritz Cat).
- Marilyn McCoo: American beautiful black singer, daughter of a physician, started singing as soon as she could talk.
- Tal Brody: American-Israeli basketball player and coach.
- David Henry Maslanka: Composer.
- Nigel Hall: English sculptor and academic.
- David Maslanka: American composer and academic.
- Colin Dann: English author.
- Jean Killy: French skier and entrepreneur, the second man in history to win the Triple Sweep in the Alpine men's skiing in the Winter Olympics in Grenoble, 1968.