Sunday 30 August 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Bishop and Rafael Jose Luis Fernandez de la Calzada y Ferrer.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1914 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Julie Bishop: Denver, Colorado -- Actress (My Hero, Northern Pursuit, Threat).
- Rafael Jose Luis Fernandez de la Calzada y Ferrer: Restaurateur.
- Jean Bottéro: French historian, a major Assyriologist and a renowned expert on the Ancient Near East.
- 1st German plane bombs above Paris, 2 killed
- Battle at Tannenberg ends in destruction of Russian 2nd Narev army
- The Battle of Tannenberg is fought.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Planted a Rose in the Garden of Love - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?