Thursday 30 October 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Michel Charlier and Hubert Curien.
Galloping Bungalows, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1924 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Jean-Michel Charlier: Belgian script writer best known as a writer of realistic European comics.
- Hubert Curien: French physicist and a key figure in European science politics, as the President of CERN Council (1994–1996), the first chairman of the European Space Agency (ESA) (1981–1984), and second President of the Academia Europæa and a President of Fondation de France.
- Hannelore Weygrand: German FR, equestrian dressage (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Serge Golovine: French ballet choreographer (Death of Narcissus).
- John Craven: American soldier and engineer (d. 2015).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians