Wednesday 8 October 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arkady Vorobyev and Frances McLeod.
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1924 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Arkady Vorobyev: Middle heavyweight (1956, 60 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Frances McLeod: American astrologer who joined AFA in December 1979.
- Alphons Egli: Swiss lawyer and politician 77th President of the Swiss Confederation.
- Aloísio Lorscheider: Brazilian cardinal (d. 2007).
- Thirunalloor Karunakaran: Indian poet and scholar (d. 2006).
- John Nelder: English mathematician and statistician (d. 2010)
- British Labour government of MacDonald falls to Communists
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hard-Hearted Hannah - Dolly Kay
- Whistling the Blues Away - Wendell Hall & Carson Robison
- Bringin' Home the Bacon - Blossom Seeley
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?