Monday 27 October 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Bombard and Michel Galabru.
Galloping Bungalows, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1924 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Alain Bombard: French biologist, physician and politician famous for sailing across the Atlantic Ocean in a small boat.
- Michel Galabru: Safi, Morocco -- Actor (Judge & the Assassin).
- Ruby Dee: American actress.
- Bonnie Lou: American singer-songwriter (d. 2015).
- Uzbek SSR forms
- The Uzbek SSR is founded in the Soviet Union.
- Nellie Tayloe Ross of Wyoming is elected as the first woman governor in the United States.
- U.S. presidential election, 1924: Republican Calvin Coolidge defeats Democrat John W. Davis and Progressive Robert M. LaFollette, Sr.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians