Friday 24 October 1924US date format: 10/24/1924, UK date format: 24/10/1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Thérond and Gaston Viens.
Galloping Bungalows, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1924 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Roger Thérond
- Gaston Viens
- Roger Therond: French journalist and film critic, 1945-'48.
- Roger ThéRond: Séte Journalist.
- Jose Casanovas: Composer.
- Mary Lee: American actress and singer (d. 1996).
- Fuat Sezgin: Turkish historian and academic.
- John Barlow: South African cardiologist and physician (d. 2008).
- Piet Roozenburg: World champ checker player (1948 .
- Christian General Feng Joe Siang occupies Beijing
- Nobel prize for fysiologie / medicine awarded to W Einthoven
- Dixie Dean scores a hat-trick for Tranmere Rovers to become the youngest ever player to score three goals for The Superwhites.
- The British Foreign Office publishes the Zinoviev Letter.
- British authorities in India arrest Subhas Chandra Bose and jail him for the next 2½ years.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- June Night - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- It Had to Be You - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley