Tuesday 28 October 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Suryakantham (actress) and Max de Pree.
Secrets of the Night, directed by Herbert Blaché, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1924 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Suryakantham (actress)
- Max de Pree: Businessman.
- Alfonso Montalva Montecino: Composer.
- Antonio Creus: Spanish race car driver and motorcycle racer (d. 1996).
- French-Russian trade agreement signed
- White Sox beat the New York Giants 8-4 in Dublin, less than 20 fans attend
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Follow the Swallow - Al Jolson
- Somebody Loves Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Maytime - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians