Monday 6 October 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Fulton and Guy Le Moal.
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Plastic Age by Percy Marks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1924 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Margaret Fulton: Australian food and cooking 'guru', writer, journalist, author, and commentator.
- Guy Le Moal: French ethnologist, and former researcher at the CNRS.
- Kathleen Morford: American astrologer who joined AFA in March 1978.
- Jacques Oppenheim: Lawyer, dies at 75.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - Marion Harris
- Hard-Hearted Hannah - Dolly Kay
- Whistling the Blues Away - Wendell Hall & Carson Robison
- Bringin' Home the Bacon - Blossom Seeley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?