Saturday 18 October 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Géret and Egil Hovland.
Black Magic, directed by Ho Meng-hua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1924 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Georges Géret: French film actor who appeared in over 80 films between 1954 and 1992.
- Allyn Ferguson in San Jose: California, USA; orchestra leader (Andy Williams Show).
- Egil Hovland: Composer.
- Frank Liedel [Leo van Assche]: Flemish writer (Kaperbrief).
- Buddy MacMaster: Canadian singer-songwriter and fiddler (d. 2014).
- Harold Red Grange, finest collegiate football game (4 long TD runs)
- Notre Dame beats Army 13-7 in football; New York Herald Tribune newspaper dubs them the Four Horsemen.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Wonder What's Become of Sally? - Al Jolson
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Hinky Dinky Parley Voo - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare