Saturday 18 October 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Géret and Allyn Ferguson in San Jose.
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1924 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Georges Géret: French film actor who appeared in over 80 films between 1954 and 1992.
- Allyn Ferguson in San Jose: California, USA; orchestra leader (Andy Williams Show).
- Egil Hovland: Composer.
- Frank Liedel [Leo van Assche]: Flemish writer (Kaperbrief).
- Buddy MacMaster: Canadian singer-songwriter and fiddler (d. 2014).
- Harold Red Grange, finest collegiate football game (4 long TD runs)
- Notre Dame beats Army 13-7 in football; New York Herald Tribune newspaper dubs them the Four Horsemen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Hinky Dinky Parley Voo - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?