Monday 20 October 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth William Gatland and Stanley Eric Francis Booth-Clibborn.
Hot Water, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1924 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Kenneth William Gatland: Aerospace Scientist.
- Stanley Eric Francis Booth-Clibborn: Bishop (Manchester).
- Lawrence Daly: Scottish coal miner, trade unionist and political activist, at the age of 15, Lawrence Daly began work as a miner at Glencraig Colliery.
- Roger Rioland: France sport Champion.
- Marc Gorini: Lyon 2éme Journalist.
- Robert Peters: American poet playwright and critic (d. 2014)
- 1st Negro League World Series: Kansas City Monarchs shuts out Hilldales, 5-0
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?