Tuesday 30 October 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Nathans and William Campbell in Newark.
Laundry Man, directed by Johan Vandewoestijne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1928 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Daniel Nathans: American professor of microbiology.
- Michael Andrews: Painter.
- William Campbell in Newark: New Jersey, USA; actor (Jerry - Cannonball, Luke - Dynasty).
- Ernest Flatt: Choreographer (Carol Burnett Show).
- Charles Brett: Northern Irish solicitor, journalist, author and founding member, and first chairman, of the Ulster Architectural Heritage Society (UAHS).
- Jean-Pierre Ehrhard: Saverne Journalist.
- Oscar George Theodore Sonneck: Composer, dies at 55.