Friday August 31, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricky Rayment and Molly Goodman.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Megatrends 2000 by John Naisbitt and Patricia Aburdene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arrow Flash or Final Lap 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1990 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Molly Goodman: American noted family, daughter of actor John Goodman and wife Annabeth Hartzog, who had married in November 1989.
- Ricky Rayment: Reality Star.
- JRE : YouTube Star.
- Simon Unge: YouTube Star.
- Tadeja Majerič: Slovenian tennis player.
- Nat (Sweetwater) Clifton: New York Knicks player, dies at age 65 of a heart attack.
- Dennis Eckersley saves his 40th game of the season
- East and West Germany sign a treaty to join legal and political systems
- Ken Griffey Sr and Jr are 1st father and son to play on same team each goes 1 for 4 for Seattle Mariners
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?