Friday 31 August 1990
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Molly Goodman and Ricky Rayment.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
The Witches, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Haywire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing E-Motion or Beetlejuice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1990 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Molly Goodman: American noted family, daughter of actor John Goodman and wife Annabeth Hartzog, who had married in November 1989.
- Ricky Rayment: Reality Star.
- JRE : YouTube Star.
- Simon Unge: YouTube Star.
- Tadeja Majerič: Slovenian tennis player.
- Nat (Sweetwater) Clifton: New York Knicks player, dies at age 65 of a heart attack.
- Dennis Eckersley saves his 40th game of the season
- East and West Germany sign a treaty to join legal and political systems
- Ken Griffey Sr and Jr are 1st father and son to play on same team each goes 1 for 4 for Seattle Mariners
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 August 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?