Friday 31 July 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Baumann and Ignace Heinrich.
Sally of the Sawdust, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1925 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Herbert Baumann: German composer.
- Ignace Heinrich: French Olympic field and track star who won the decathlon in London, 1948.
- Last allied occupying troops leave Ruhrgebied
- Unemployment Insurance Act passes in England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Collegiate
- The Flapper Wife - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Gene Austin)
- Adeste Fideles - Associated Glee Clubs of America
- Way Down Home - Gene Austin & Carson Robison
- Let it Rain, Let it Pour - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Vernon Dalhart)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?