Saturday 11 July 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mattiwilda Dobbs and Paul Bertrand.
The Lucky Devil, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1925 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Mattiwilda Dobbs: American opera singer, an internationally known coloratura soprano.
- Paul Bertrand: French Catholic bishop, the Bishop Emeritus of Mende since 2001.
- Jean Deflassieux: French banker, who spent his entire career at Crédit Lyonnais, a historic French bank.
- Joseph De Feyter: Belgium sport Champion.
- Charles Chaynes: Toulouse Musician.
- Mahathir Mohamad: Politician.
- Jean-Henri Soutoul: N?mes physician.
- Nicolai Gedda: Stockholm, Sweden -- Opera tenor (Opera Two to Six).
- Peter Kyros: American lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Sid Smith: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2004).
- Bertrand La Rocque De Severac: B?thune EXecutives.
- Queen Wilhelmina names H Colijn head of government
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Louise Homer - America the Beautiful
- Tell Her in the Springtime - Grace Moore (Rosario Bourdon's Orchestra)