Tuesday 21 July 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Pichois and Al Checco.
Pretty Ladies, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1925 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Claude Pichois: French literature professor and Romanist.
- Al Checco: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Extreme Close-up).
- Lovro Zupanovic: Composer.
- Anne Meacham: American actress (d. 2006).
- Monkey Trial ends-John Scopes found guilty of teaching Darwinism
- John Thomas Scopes is found guilty of teaching evolution in violation of a Tennessee state law, and fined US$100. Scopes' lawyer had recommended a guilty verdict, to allow for an appeal. In 1927, Tennessee Supreme Court overturns the verdict.
- Sir Malcolm Campbell becomes the first man to break the 150 mph (241 km/h) land barrier at Pendine Sands in Wales. He drove a Sunbeam at a two-way average speed of 150.33 mph (242 km/h).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?