Thursday 9 July 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guru Dutt and Otto Johannes Schmidt.
The Lucky Devil, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1925 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Guru Dutt: Indian filmmaker and actor (d. 1964).
- Otto Johannes Schmidt
- Thomas A Luken: (Rep-D-Ohio, 1973-74, 77- ).
- Alan Dale in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer (Alan Dale Show).
- Charles E Wicks: American academic.
- Alan Dale: Brooklyn, New York -- Singer ( Show).
- Otto Schmidt: German publicist, psychologist, dramatist and theatre director, 1956 - '70; a feature writer 1971 -' 76, an astrologer since 1952 and an author.
- Dutt: Indian actor director and producer (d. 1964).
- Charles Wicks: American engineer author and academic (d. 2010).
- André Dauchy: French accordionist, also known as 'Jo La-Re-Do.
- Peter Ludwig: Businessman / art collector.
- In Dublin, Oonagh Keogh becomes the first female member of a stock exchange in the world.
- Scopes Trial: In Dayton, Tennessee, the so-called ampquotMonkey Trialampquot begins with John T. Scopes, a young high school science teacher, accused of teaching evolution in violation of a Tennessee state law.
- Meher Baba begins his 44 year silence.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Louise Homer - America the Beautiful
- Tell Her in the Springtime - Grace Moore (Rosario Bourdon's Orchestra)