Saturday 31 July 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sab Shimono and Carla Glasgow.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1943 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Sab Shimono: American actor and singer.
- Carla Glasgow: LPGA golfer.
- Stephanie Forrester: Actress (Bold & the Beautiful).
- Susan Flannery in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Leslie Stewart - Dallas).
- Laurent Davenas: French magistrate, a judge's son, who has spent his entire career as a prosecutor.
- Lobo : American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- William Bennett: American journalist and politician 3rd United States Secretary of Education.
- Hedley Verity: English cricketer and soldier (d. 1943).
- Transport nr 58 departs with French Jews to Nazi Germany
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?