Monday 20 July 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Delors and Frantz Fanon.
Innocent Husbands, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1925 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Jacques Delors: French Economist and politician, president of the Commission of the European Economic Community from 1985 to 1995.
- Frantz Fanon: French-American psychiatrist and revolutionary writer.
- Roger Laporte
- Beirut Sultan Pasja al-Atrasj calls Druzen for holy war against France
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Flapper Wife - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Gene Austin)
- Let it Rain, Let it Pour - Nat Shilkret (as International Novelty Orchestra) (voc Vernon Dalhart)
- Way Down Home - Gene Austin & Carson Robison
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Collegiate
- Adeste Fideles - Associated Glee Clubs of America