Wednesday 15 July 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Carey and Phil Carey in Hackensack.
Pretty Ladies, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Constant Nymph by Margaret Kenned was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1925 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Philip Carey: American stage/film/tv actor.
- Phil Carey in Hackensack: New Jersey, USA; actor (Asa Buchanan - One Life to Live).
- Bob Wellman: American professional baseball player, manager and scout.
- Taylor Hardwick: American architect designed Haydon Burns Library and Friendship Fountain Park (d. 2014).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Her in the Springtime - Grace Moore (Rosario Bourdon's Orchestra)
- Louise Homer - America the Beautiful
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?