Thursday 23 July 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Anderson and Pierre Baugniet.
Pretty Ladies, directed by Monta Bell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1925 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Donna Anderson: Akiak, Alaska -- Actress (On the Beach.
- Pierre Baugniet: Belgium -- Pairs ice skater (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gloria De Haven: American actress, singer and dancer.
- Alain Decaux: French author, historian and politician.
- Tajuddin Ahmad: Bangladeshi politician 1st Prime Minister of Bangladesh (d. 1975).
- Quett Masire: Botswana politician the former Vice-President of Botswana
- Gloria DeHaven: American actress and singer
- New York Yankee Lou Gehrig hits his 1st of 23 career grand slammers
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?