Thursday 2 July 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrice E Lumumba and Yasushi Akutagawa.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Augusto Genina, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1925 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Patrice E Lumumba: Zaire -- Revolutionary / 1st Premier of Congo.
- Yasushi Akutagawa: Composer.
- Marvin Rainwater in Wichita: Kansas, USA; country singer (Ozark Jubilee).
- Medgar Wiley Evers near Decatur: Mississippi, USA; African-American civil rights leader (murdered 1963).
- Medgar Evers: American civil rights activist (Born 1925).
- Patrice Lumumba: 1st democratically elected Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (d. 1961)
- Marvin Rainwater: American singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Georgia Brown - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Yearning (Just For You) - Gene Austin
- Listening - Grace Moore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?