Thursday 31 October 1918, Halloween
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Faizant and Roy Bass.
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 October 1918 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Jacques Faizant
- Roy Bass: American attorney with the firm Bass and Hobbs who served from 1974 until 1978 as the mayor of Lubbock, Texas.
- Ian Stevenson: Canadian-American professor and reincarnation researcher (Born 1918).
- Spanish flu-virus kills 21,000 in US in 1 week
- Banat Republic is founded
- The Hungarian government terminates the personal union with Austria, officially dissolving the Austro-Hungarian empire.
- November ndash The Allied fleet enters Constantinople.
- Malbone Street Wreck: The worst rapid transit accident in world history occurs under the intersection of Malbone Street and Flatbush Avenue, in Brooklyn, New York City, with at least 93 dead.
- Ruthenia in eastern Czechoslovakia declares a brief independence.
- WWI: Austria-Hungary enters an armistice with the Allies.
- Poland declares its independence from Russia.
- German Revolution: Sailors in the German fleet at Kiel mutiny and throughout northern Germany soldiers and workers begin to establish revolutionary councils on the Russian soviet model.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For Your Boy and My Boy - Peerless Quartet
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Prince's Orchestra
- My Old Kentucky Home - Lucy Gates & Columbia Stellar Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?