Thursday 17 January 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Plante and Tan Teik.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1929 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Jacques Plante: Canadian hockey player, called "Jake the Snake".
- Tan Teik: Malaysian-Singaporean lawyer and politician Attorney-General of Singapore (d. 2012).
- Popeye makes first appearance, in comic strip Thimble Theatre.
- Inayatullah Khan, king of the Emirate of Afghanistan abdicates the throne after only three days into his reign.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?