February 1912 calendar
Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened in February 1912.
The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
But much more happened on February 1912: find out below
Which were the important events of February 1912?
- 02 Feb 1912 Frederick R Law, parachutes from Statue of Liberty (stunt for Pathe).
- 09 Feb 1912 US Tennis Association amends rule taking bye away from defending champion.
- 12 Feb 1912 The Xuantong Emperor, the last Emperor of China, abdicates.
- 14 Feb 1912 Arizona was admitted to the Union as the 48th state
- 16 Feb 1912 VSV soccer team forms in Ijmuiden.
- 22 Feb 1912 J Vedrines makes first airplane flight over 100 mph-161.29 kph.
- 24 Feb 1912 Italy makes a surprise attack on the Ottoman port of Beirut, when the cruiser ''Giuseppe Garibaldi'' and the gunboat ''Volturno'' bombard the harbour. The attack kills 97 sailors and civilians.
- 26 Feb 1912 Coal miners strike in England (settle on March 1).
- 27 Feb 1912 Lord Kitchener opens Khartoum-El Obeid (Nyala) railway.
- 29 Feb 1912 Serbia and Bulgaria secretly sign a treaty of alliance for a term of eight years, with each pledging to come to the defense of the other during war.
German news figure, the mistress of...
French writer (Executioner), dies at 81.
Irish writer born in India, a novelist,...
French champion alpine ski racer, who...
- See more
Which were the top hits in February 1912?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Christie MacDonald & Reinald Werrenrath - Two Little Love Bees
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Everybody's Doing it Now
- American Quartet - Oh That Navajo Rag
- Victor Light Opera Co. - Gems from The Quaker Girl
- Billy Murray - Any Place the Old Flag Flies