Sunday 4 February 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Hérold-Paquis and Erich Leinsdorf.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 February 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1912 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Jean Hérold-Paquis: French journalist who collaborated with the Nazis.
- Erich Leinsdorf: Austrian conductor, studied in Vienna and conducted as an assistant to Bruno Walter and Arturo Toscanini from 1934-1937.
- Byron Nelson: Fort Worth, Texas -- PGA golfer (won 19 tournaments in 1945).
- James Craig: Nashville, Tennessee -- Actor (Devil & Daniel Webster, Cyclops).
- Louis-Albert Vachon: French Canadian cardinal archbishop of Quebec (Born 1912).
- Ola Bræk: Norwegian banker and politician Norwegian Minister of Industry (d. 1999).
- Jean Herold-Paquis: Arches Journalist.
- Ola Skjak Braek: Norwegian politician (d. 1999).
- Franz Reichelt: Austrian tailor/Inventor (Born 1800's).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Quaker Girl - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Oh That Navajo Rag - American Quartet
- Everybody's Doing it Now - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Two Little Love Bees - Christie MacDonald & Reinald Werrenrath