Sunday 4 February 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 4, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Hérold-Paquis and Erich Leinsdorf.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 February 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1912 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Jean Hérold-Paquis: French journalist who collaborated with the Nazis.
- Erich Leinsdorf: Austrian conductor, studied in Vienna and conducted as an assistant to Bruno Walter and Arturo Toscanini from 1934-1937.
- Byron Nelson: Fort Worth, Texas -- PGA golfer (won 19 tournaments in 1945).
- James Craig: Nashville, Tennessee -- Actor (Devil & Daniel Webster, Cyclops).
- Louis-Albert Vachon: French Canadian cardinal archbishop of Quebec (Born 1912).
- Ola Bræk: Norwegian banker and politician Norwegian Minister of Industry (d. 1999).
- Jean Herold-Paquis: Arches Journalist.
- Ola Skjak Braek: Norwegian politician (d. 1999).
- Franz Reichelt: Austrian tailor/Inventor (Born 1800's).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Quaker Girl - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Oh That Navajo Rag - American Quartet
- Everybody's Doing it Now - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Two Little Love Bees - Christie MacDonald & Reinald Werrenrath