Monday 12 February 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lycette Darsonval and R F Delderfield.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 February 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1912 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Lycette Darsonval: French dancer and teacher; debut at Paris Opera Ballet 1930.
- Ernest Clark: London, England -- Actor (Doctor in the House).
- R F Delderfield: English author (d. 1972).
- Eddie J: Bush golf professional.
- RF Delderfield: English author and playwright (d. 1972).
- China adopts the Gregorian calendar.
- The Xuantong Emperor, the last Emperor of China, abdicates.
- The Qing Dynasty of China, also called the Manchu Dynasty, comes to an end after 268 years.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down in Sunshine Valley - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - Charles Harrison
- Harry Lauder - Roamin' in the Gloamin'
- Any Place the Old Flag Flies - Billy Murray