Monday 12 February 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest Clark and R F Delderfield.
The Crime and the Criminal, directed by Alfred Rolfe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while Their Yesterdays by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1912 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Ernest Clark: London, England -- Actor (Doctor in the House).
- R F Delderfield: English author (d. 1972).
- Eddie J: Bush golf professional.
- Lycette Darsonval: French dancer and teacher; debut at Paris Opera Ballet 1930.
- RF Delderfield: English author and playwright (d. 1972).
- China adopts the Gregorian calendar.
- The Xuantong Emperor, the last Emperor of China, abdicates.
- The Qing Dynasty of China, also called the Manchu Dynasty, comes to an end after 268 years.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?