Monday 12 February 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 12, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lycette Darsonval and R F Delderfield.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 February 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1912 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Lycette Darsonval: French dancer and teacher; debut at Paris Opera Ballet 1930.
- Ernest Clark: London, England -- Actor (Doctor in the House).
- R F Delderfield: English author (d. 1972).
- Eddie J: Bush golf professional.
- RF Delderfield: English author and playwright (d. 1972).
- China adopts the Gregorian calendar.
- The Xuantong Emperor, the last Emperor of China, abdicates.
- The Qing Dynasty of China, also called the Manchu Dynasty, comes to an end after 268 years.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down in Sunshine Valley - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Falling in Love with Someone - Charles Harrison
- Roamin' in the Gloamin' - Harry Lauder
- Any Place the Old Flag Flies - Billy Murray