Tuesday 27 February 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Durrell and Hugues Panassie.
La dame aux camélias, directed by Louis Mercanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1912 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Lawrence Durrell: Irish writer born in India, a novelist, playwright and travel writer.
- Hugues Panassie: French jazz critic and producer.
- Henri Bollelli: France sport Champion.
- Kusumagraj : Indian author poet and playwright (d. 1999).
- Lord Kitchener opens Khartoum-El Obeid (Nyala) railway.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Gems from Naughty Marietta - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Ragtime Violin - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?