Friday 2 February 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Millvina Dean and Burton Lane.
How a Mosquito Operates, directed by Winsor McCay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1912 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Millvina Dean: English civil servant and cartographer; last survivor of the RMS Titanic (d. 2009).
- Burton Lane: American songwriter and composer (d. 1997).
- Frederick R Law, parachutes from Statue of Liberty (stunt for Pathe).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Quaker Girl - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Oh That Navajo Rag - American Quartet
- Everybody's Doing it Now - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Two Little Love Bees - Christie MacDonald & Reinald Werrenrath