Thursday 1 February 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Colin and Joseph Desclaux.
Homer's Odyssey, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while A Hoosier Chronicle by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1912 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Harbor of Love - Frank Coombs & William H. Thompson
- Knock Wood - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?