Wednesday 1 January 1964, NewYear’s Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juliana Donald and Francesca Alotta.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hollywood Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1964 ?
- Juliana Donald: American actress.
- Francesca Alotta: Italian pop singer, best known for the song "Non amarmi".
- Dedee Pfeiffer: American actress and producer.
- KNMT TV channel 12 in Walker, MN (CBS) begins broadcasting
- KTVS TV channel 3 in Sterling, CO (CBS) begins broadcasting
- The Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland is divided into the independent republics of Zambia and Malawi, and the British-controlled Rhodesia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- Martha and the Vandellas - Quicksand
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- Joey Powers - Midnight Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?