Friday 1 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Hands of Orlac, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1928 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Georgy Dobrovolsky: Ukrainian pilot and astronaut (d. 1971).
- Steve Dodd: Australian actor and composer (d. 2014).
- Larry Zeidel: Canadian-American ice hockey player and sportscaster (d. 2014).
- Bob Monkhouse: British comedian who, as a master of the one-line quip, was formerly on Bob Hope's team of script writers.
- Georgi Timofeyevich Dobrovolsky: Odessa -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 11).
- Georgi Dobrovolski: Soviet cosmonaut (d. 1971)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?