Friday 29 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Bannen and Gilbert Verdie.
Lights of New York, directed by Bryan Foy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1928 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Ian Bannen: Scottish stage actor, film and TV movies.
- Gilbert Verdie: France sport Champion.
- Jean-Louis Pesch: French author and illustrator.
- Radius Prawiro: Indonesian economist and politician (d. 2005).
- The Outerbridge Crossing and Goethals Bridge in Staten Island, New York are both opened.
- 1928 Democratic National Convention: At the Democratic National Convention in Houston, New York Governor Alfred E. Smith becomes the first Catholic nominated by a major political party for President of the United States.
- Jenkins Laboratories' ''W3XK'' station begins broadcasting on 6.42 MHz using 48 lines.
- The Representation of the People Act 1928 becomes law, extending the right to vote to all women in the United Kingdom.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?