Wednesday 20 June 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Lonesome, directed by Paul Fejos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1928 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Marie Le Pen Jean: La Trinite sur Mer Politician.
- Jean-Marie Le Pen: French politician, candidate of the Far Right National Front in 2002.
- Robert Satanowski: Composer.
- David Mitchell: British politician and Member of Parliament, returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Gino Bramieri: Italian actor, singer and comedian, an eclectic performer in vaudeville and a showman.
- Martin Landau: American actor in over 500 TV episodes and also a familiar figure in movies. He played on the TV series "Mission Impossible," co-starring with his wife, Barbara Bain, after which they did an obscure series, "1999" in 1975, and then another sci-fi, "Space," 1999. He won the Oscar as Best Supporting Actor for the role of Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood," 1995.
- Eric Dolphy: American saxophonist flute player and composer (d. 1964)
- Asrat Woldeyes: Ethiopian surgeon and educator (d. 1999)
- Jean-Marie Le-Pen: in France; leader of National Front party.
- Puniša Račić shoots 3 opposition representatives in the Yugoslavian Parliament, and injures 3 others.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?