Saturday 9 June 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1928 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- R Gruffydd: Welsh critic and academic (d. 2015).
- Pierre Sansot: French novelist, anthropologist, philosopher and sociologist.
- Jackie Mason: American comedian known for his satiric wit.
- Geraint Gruffydd: Director (University of Wales Centre for Welsh Studies).
- 60th Belmont: Clarence Kummer aboard Vito wins in 2:33.2
- Charles Kingsford-Smith and Charles Ulm are 1st to fly across the Pacific when they end their flight from California to Brisbane
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?