Tuesday 1 October 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Briggs and Matt Elliott.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1968 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Greg Briggs: NFL safety (Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings).
- Matt Elliott: NFL center / guard (Carolina Panthers).
- Sacha Biyan: Canadian photographer and journalist.
- Rob Collard: English race car driver.
- Mark Durden-Smith: British television presenter.
- Phil de Glanville: English rugby player
- Kevin Griffin: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Better Than Ezra)
- Jon Guenther: American author and engineer
- Jay Underwood: American actor and pastor
- Marcel Duchamp: French Painter (Descending an Escalator).
- Night of the Living Dead premieres in Pittsburgh
- The Guyanese government takes over the British Guiana Broadcasting Service (BGBS).
- Horror film Night of the Living Dead premieres in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 October 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?