Tuesday 15 October 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Bullitt, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Preserve And Protect by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1968 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jyrki 69: Finnish singer-songwriter (The 69 Eyes).
- Rod Wishart: Australian rugby player.
- Laurent Hénart: French politician, who was a member of the National Assembly of France.
- George Koonce: NFL linebacker (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Meredith Rainey: Brooklyn, New York -- 800m runner.
- Vanessa Marcil: TV Actress
- Didier Deschamps: French former footballer and current coach. He played as a defensive midfielder for clubs like Chelsea, Juventus and Marseille. As an international, he captained France to victories in the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000. As well as winning two French league titles in 1991 and 1992, Deschamps was part of the Marseille team which became inners of the Champions League in 1993. Also he was the youngest captain ever to lead his team to the Champions League title when they won.
- Franz Reizenstein: Composer, dies at 57.
- AL expansion draft, Kansas City pick Roger Nelson and Pilots pick Don Mincher 1st
- Led Zeppelin makes their first live performance, at Surrey University in England
- In Mexico City, black American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos raise their arms in a black power salute after winning, respectively, the gold and bronze medals in the Olympic men's 200 metres.
- Kingston, Jamaica is rocked by the Rodney Riots, provoked by the banning of Walter Rodney from the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- James Brown - Say It Loud - I'm Black And I'm Proud (Part 1)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?