Tuesday 22 October 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Ice Station Zebra, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1968 ?
- Stephanie Cutter: American lawyer and political consultant.
- Jay Johnston: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Stéphane Quintal: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Keith Osik: Port Jefferson, New York -- Catcher (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Stephane Quintal: Boucherville -- NHL defenseman (Montreal Canadiens).
- Shelby Lynne: Quantico, Virginia -- Country singer (If I Could Bottle This Up)
- Shaggy : Jamaican musician
- Apollo 7 returns to Earth.
- Apollo program: Apollo 7 safely splashes down in the Atlantic Ocean after orbiting the Earth 163 times.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Turtles - Elenore
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?