Monday 7 October 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Barbarella, directed by Roger Vadim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1968 ?
- Erick Anderson: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Randy Bartz: Roseville, Minnesota -- Short track skater (1994 Olympics).
- Pippa Funnell: Equestrian.
- Thom Yorke: English singer (Radiohead).
- Motion Picture Association of America adopts film rating system.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 October 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?