Sunday 27 October 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antoinette Lucas and Kata Karkkainen.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
The Lion in Winter, directed by Anthony Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1968 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Antoinette Lucas: Crozier, Virginia -- Field hockey midfielder (1996 Olympics).
- Kata Karkkainen: Helsinki, Finland -- Playmate (Dec, 1988).
- Rémi Plésel: French (Martinique) co-pilot, he was at the pilot post when the plane crashed over Java sea.
- Dileep : Movie Actor.
- Alain Auderset: Swiss author and illustrator.
- Vinny Samways: English footballer and manager
- Lise Meitner: Austrian-born physicist who worked on radioactivity and nuclear physics.
- 19th Olympic games close at Mexico City, Mexico
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA River Plantation Golf Invitational
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Turtles - Elenore
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?