Monday 21 October 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francois Gravel and Amanda Blair.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Ice Station Zebra, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pohádky z mechu a kapradí.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1968 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Francois Gravel: Hockey goaltender (Team France 1998).
- Amanda Blair: Australian radio broadcaster, a former columnist with the Sunday Mail, and a former member of the Social Inclusion Board, who has been a board member of the Adelaide Festival since 2004.
- Alexandros Alexandris: Greek footballer and manager.
- Kerstin Andreae: German politician.
- Melora Walters: Saudi Arabian-American actress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Turtles - Elenore
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?