Thursday 2 February 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robertino Rossellini and Barbara Sukowa.
Young Man with a Horn, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1950 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Robertino Rossellini: Italian real estate advisor living in Monaco, a friend and frequent escort of Princess Caroline with whom he skis in Austria.
- Barbara Sukowa: German stage actress named Best Actress at the Berlin's film festival.
- Osamu Kido: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Libby Purves: English journalist and author.
- Genichiro Tenryu: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Constantin Caratheodory: Greek mathematician (Born 1873).
- Arms & the Girl opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 134 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?