Wednesday 15 February 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Man of Her Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1950 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- David Brown: American bass player and songwriter (Santana) (d. 2000).
- Tsui Hark: Vietnamese-Hong Kong director producer and screenwriter.
- Nikolai Sergeivich Grekov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- KENS TV channel 5 in San Antonio, TX (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WSYR (now WSTM) TV channel 3 in Syracuse, New York (NBC) begins broadcasting
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated feature film Cinderella to theaters in the USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - The Cry Of The Wild Goose
- Rag Mop - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?